This is an easy breezy summer chocolate recipe which you will whip up with just a few ingredients including. This includes cocoa butter, ground vanilla, agave syrup and raspberry powder. Raspberry powder is a made from real freeze-dried raspberries and it adds a massive flavor punch to these light summer chocolates. You can get these fruit powders in any reasonably stocked health store or even online.
I will warn you, they are not cheap but I have been working with this raspberry powder and I really love it since it is so versatile. You only use small amounts, so a little goes a really long way. Alternatively, instead of getting the fruit powder you can also use real fruit puree. If you do so, you will have to eat the chocolate within a couple of days – which really isn’t difficult! For the mold I have used a mini bundt silicone mould. With that you produce 12 bite sized pieces but feel free to use any shape you like. You could even make a bark with this so you wouldn’t need a mold at all. I have sweetened the chocolate with agave syrup. Rice Syrup or coconut sap will work too. A little bit of stevia wouldn’t hurt if you like the taste.
As far as storage goes, I recommend keeping the chocolates in the fridge. Because you are using coconut butter, these Summer Raspberry Chocolates melt more easily than your usual store bought chocolate. Especially in summer, I enjoy chilled chocolate from the fridge!
- 1 cup cocoa butter melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp raspberry powder
- 4 tbsp agave syrup/rice syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil in a double boiler and remove from heat once melted.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes, then stir in the raspberry powder, vanilla and salt. Add the sweetener and stir well. Make sure your syrup/sweetener is at room temperature when you add it – so when storing it in the fridge take it out way before you start making the chocolates.
- Now take your silicone mould and set it on a tray then carefully pour the mixture into your silicone shapes. For that I usually use a ladle – makes things so much easier.
- Transfer the tray with the mould to the fridge for at least an hour so the Summer Raspberry Chocolates can harden. Enjoy!
If you are in love with my Summer Raspberry Chocolates as much as I am, you might want to check out my Raw Coconut Oil Chocolate, my Vegan White Cookies N Cream Chocolate, and my White Vanilla Chocolate Sandwiches.