It’s only April and I seriously cannot wait for summer to come round. I have been so spoilt with my 3 weeks trip to New Zealand after Christmas. And I truly miss walking barefoot and the feeling of sunshine in my face. But to shorten the time between now and the beginning of summer I would love to share a recipe with you guys for a super easy signature salad of mine aka. my Spring Buddha Bowl. The dressing is one of my all-time favorites adopted from a beetroot & tahini dip by my Syrian flatmate.
Also, a little hack on the side if you want to shorten the cooking time for the quinoa. Just like your chickpeas and beans, pre-soak the quinoa overnight prior to cooking it.
Spring Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 radishes long
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 handful blueberries
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- decorate with chopped mint leaves, edible flowers, slice of lemon, black sesame seeds
- 2 big beetroots
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Start to boil the quinoa following the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by peeling, chopping and boiling the beetroot.
- Once the beetroot is soft, drain and add to your blender. Add the tahini and a dash of salt. Blend until you get a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Drain boiled quinoa and set aside to cool.
- Slice your avocado, radish, and strawberries.
- Now assemble your bowl by scooping in the quinoa. Place the avocado slices, the radishes, and the strawberries. Leave a spot for the handful of blueberries.
- Add the final touches by sprinkling handful sprouts and edible flowers onto your bowl. Garnish with a slice of lemon and sprinkle the avocado with black sesame seeds.
- Pour the dressing into a little side dish and place within the bowl!