When the temperatures soar in Germany, I often feel it is simply too hot to turn on the oven. This is the time of the year when I crave cold and refreshing sweets instead of warm treats. I had made this Raw Chocolate Vanilla Cheesecake for a photo shooting with my babe Rosa from Conscious Lifestyle of Mine. And it was so delicious that we demolished this beauty of a cake in no time, so I had to share the recipe here.
Talking about raw cakes in the first place, there are so many reasons to do more raw baking!
1. You don’t need to bake in the first place. Fridge does the work for ya!
2. Cakes are mostly vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free! So they are catered for most food allergies or dietary requirements.
3. Raw cakes are usually made from healthy nuts and therefore one piece really fills you up! As much as I like my stomach to be so big that I can savor more than one piece. With nut-based cheesecakes overindulging is almost impossible. Plus with all the nutrients, it is definitely a treat that is healthy too.
For this Raw Chocolate Vanilla Cheesecake, I went for a classic flavor combination with a chocolate and vanilla layer. In between I added a strawberry jam made from fresh strawbs, rice syrup and chia seeds. But of course, feel free to use a really good store bought strawberry jam if you need a short cut. Finally, the crust is made just from 2 wholesome simple ingredients: dates and sunflower seeds. In general, the recipe is created for easiness so it is really a cake for all skill levels!
Raw Choc Vanilla Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup dates soaked in warm water for 10mins
- 400 grams cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup sunflower seeds soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup honey raw
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can coconut milk chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Soak the sunflower seeds, cashews and dates overnight. Let the can of fullfat coconut milk chill in the fridge overnight too.
- Line a round cake tin Ø 20cm with baking paper.
- For the base, add the dates and 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds to the blender and blend well. the dough for the base doesn't have to be super fine, a bit of crunch is just perfect. Pour the dough into the tin and press down with a spoon.
- Remove from blender and divide into two bowls. To one bowl add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined. So you end up with one vanilla dough bowl and one chocolate dough bowl.
- Pour the vanilla dough into the cake tin.
- Carefully spread the strawberry jam onto the vanilla layer. Finally, pour the chocolate layer on top. Let the cake set in the fridge for an hour or alternatively in the freezer for 30-60minutes.
- Decorate with coconut chips, and strawberries before eating.
In the last year I have also created a high selection of more than 500 raw baking recipes on my Raw Cake Pinterest Board here. If you want to feel inspired you should definitely go and check that out too: https://bit.ly/2UFwCUh