Oh my, what can I say. Look at that beauty. of a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake! I have clearly made raw cheesecakes before – many actually. I have made really good ones too! But this is one here is one of a kind. I will warn you: if you love peanut butter don’t make this cake! I had to give mine away after I realized how good it was and I totally have the ability to eat an entire cake at once, no kidding. This Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is creamy, rich and chocolatey with the right hint of peanut butter flavor. Not only that, it is vegan, gluten-free, soyfree and free of any refined sugars.
*For those who don’t own a really good blender I have added notes for a non-blender version too below. I haven’t had a good blender for many years and still wanted to create all those raw blender-cheesecakes made from cashews and fruits. So no sweat, this one is for you. It might be a bit more pricey as you have to buy some more ready made products but it will work.
Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1 cup soft dates or soaked in water * non-blender version: 1 cup of date puree
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup walnuts * non-blender version: use 1 cup of any nut meal
- 1 tblsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups cashews soaked in warm water for an hour
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp gave syrup/maple syrup
- handful Oreo's, pretzels, melted peanut butter for decoration
- Blend soft dates and walnuts together with your blender.
- Transfer the mixture into your 20cm round cake tin and sprinkle your chopped peanuts on top and press into the dough evenly.
- Transfer the cake to the fridge.
Peanut Butter Layer
- Blend the banana, drained cashews, peanut butter and vanilla together and slowly add the guar gum powder. This will make a pretty firm dough.
- Remove from the blender and spread on your cake base evenly and return to the fridge so it can set.
- Mix the melted coconut oil with the raw cocoa powder and the maple syrup and stir until well combined.
- Pour it on top of the Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake and let it sit in the fridge for another 15 minutes.
*Notes for a non-blender Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe version:
In a clean bowl mix the date paste with the nut meal. This might be quite hard to work through so take your hands if necessary to really mix this nicely. Transfer the mixture into your 20cm round cake tin and sprinkle your chopped peanuts on top and press into the dough evenly. Transfer the cake to the fridge.
Peanut Butter Layer
In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork as best as possible until you get a fairly smooth texture, the smoother the better. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Finally add the guar gum and mix really well. Transfer onto your first cake layer and return to the fridge to set.
Follow the same steps as for the blender version.