Another fabulous recipe for Raw Blueberry Cheesecake Bites which uses my to-go vegan cheesecake recipe. I know some of. you guys still wonder how a mixture of nuts and other ingredients can mimic the taste of a cheesecake. And I am again and again amazed that we do not require eggs, sugar and cream to create something so delicious.
These raw blueberry cheesecake bites are clearly inspired by Pana Chocolates which keep amazing me with their chocolate and cake creations. Apart from their stunning food creations, I love their philosophy of using only clean and organic ingredients whilst trying not to harm animals and the environment!
I wanted to go for 3 cheesecake layers for this recipe. It is a bit more work as it takes time to mix every layer individually but rust me it creates the coolest look. If yo haven’t tried the killer lemon and blueberry combination, you are really missing out. But this is your chance to give it a try, of course! The crust is an easy sugarfree date walnut crust.
For these beauties I used a rectangular loaf pan. I urge you to line the cake pan your are using carefully so you get the cake out in one piece. I have skipped this step in the past and it really did hurt my heart seeing my creation falling apart.
As far as decoration goes, I think simple freeze dried berries and a simple chocolate drizzle go a long way. I bought some red freeze-dried Lingonberries in Sweden during my last holiday. They worked great as a rather unusual decoration piece. But you can go much easier, I reckon raspberries would be a hit too!
- 170 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 200 g natural cashews sowaked in water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil at room temperature
- juice of a lime
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 zest and juice lime
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raisins soaked in water for an hour
- 10 dates soaked in water for an hour
- 60 g almond flour
- 80 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- In your food processor/high speed blender blend together all ingredients. Line a rectangular loaf pan and gently press the crust into the pan. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Blend the cashews, coconut oil, lime juice and agave syrup until smooth. Now add the salt, zest and coconut flour.
- Remove from your food processor/blender and divide the dough into 2 bowls. Leave one bowl as it is (this is your cashew vanilla dougand add to the second one: 1 cup blueberries (pureed), 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp guar gum.
- Take out your loaf pan with your date walnut crust and spread the cashew vanilla dough onto the crust. Return the whole thing to the freezer for an hour at least.
- Then continue with the blueberry dough and spread it on top of the cashew layer. Place the cake in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the whole cake from the tin, then cut it into bite sized square pieces.
- I decorated my cheesecake bites with melted raw chocolate and freeze-dried berries.