If you are after a throw-together-in-minutes lunch idea which is also raw and delicious, these Radicchio Wraps with Spicy Peanut Tofu might be just right the right choice for you! I think it’s great that we are getting back to discussing how to meal prep again. The concept is great but it’s not new right? Tupperware has been around for decades and even my mum used to prepare meals in advance for us, froze meals and planned ahead with groceries. But I feel today we don’t even want to waste a minute on planning what we eat today.
And why should we, when takeout’s are at our fingertips sand supermarket opening times are so convenient? First, obviously it is wise to think ahead of how to get a great variety of nutrients into your body. But it’s also sustainable as you are not wasting any resources because you bringyour own containers with you. But to me, there is another dimension to meal prep. It’s also a form of self-love because prepare food to bring into the office that looks amazing. Because you deserve a yummy good looking lunch during a day of work. So let’s practice some self-love today by making these utterly mouthwatering Radicchio Wraps with Spicy Peanut Tofu.
These are a classic example of how I prepare 2 days’ worth of lunch in a heartbeat. I usually tightly pack 6 of them into my lunch container. The beauty is, you can fill these wraps with whatever ingredients you love or have in the fridge! These are creamy (avocado), crunchy (veggies) and with just the right amount of tummy filling tofu. And if you don’t love these Radicchio Wraps enough, you definitely will with that killer sauce! An Asian inspired peanut lime sauce with sriracha is what makes this dish an absolute winner. I use the sauce to marinate the tofu in but I always carry a little container with some extra sauce. So when you prepare your lunch boxes next week, think about adding these and lunch will become your favorite meal of the day!
Radicchio Wraps with Spicy Peanut Tofu (makes 6)
- 6 Radicchio Leaves
- 2 carots sliced in long strips with a veggie peeler
- 2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 6 avocado balls made from 1 aco using a melon baller and then dipped in sesame seeds
- handful snow peas
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 250g tofu marinated in 1 tbsp PB + juice from 1 lime + 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce + 1 tbsp sriracha
- basil and thyme leaves
- strawberries and lemon for decoration
- Prepare the marinade by whisking together 1 tbsp PB + juice from 1 lime + 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce + 1 tbsp sriracha
- Cut the tofu into cubes, cover it with sauce and marinate the tofu in the sauce overnight.
- Wash 6 big the Radicchio lettuce leaves and line them up. Chop up your veggies of choice and start filling the wraps.
- With your melon baller cut out avocado balls and roll in black sesame, add to the wraps.
- Top with the tofu cubes, strabs, herbs and lemon slices!
For another easy light lunch inspiration check out my Zucchini Pasta with Seaweed Pesto too!