Mmmhhh…No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie, how does that sound to you? It sounded pretty damn good to me when I had one of those days where I didn’t crave something sweet. I craved something naughty. It was one of those days where my dates dipped in nut butter wouldn’t quite cut it for me. I wanted some proper soul food. Well, if you are after some sweet soul food today, you have come to the right place.
I always tell you my recipes are simple and easy to make but this one – again – definitely falls into that category. I made this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie in our camper van. Here the challenge is always to work with minimal ingredients and literally no equipment. But speaking of equipment, the fanciest piece of equipment that makes life easier for this recipe, is a silicone mold. But even if you don’t own one. Any simple baking dish lined with baking paper or cling wrap, will do the job just fine.
The list of ingredients for this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is fairly short. I tend to think that most of you have all the ingredients in their pantry already. All you really need is: plant-based chocolate, coconut oil, nut butter, and sweetener of your choice (I have used maple syrup but honey, rice syrup, date syrup or agave syrup will work too).
For the silky filling I have used peanut butter (cause it’s my fav) but you can swap for any nut butter such as almond butter, or sunflower seed butter. In my eyes, nothing really beats the salted peanut butter chocolate combination.
The whole procedure to make these No-Bake Peanut Butter Pies is just a matter of melting the chocolate, preparing the filling and putting it all together. The chocolate forms the base and also the top layer which saves a bit of time. Mix and melt the ingredients for the filling which you pour onto the chocolate bottom layer. Then the remaining melted chocolate covers the peanut butter filling. I recommend letting the pie chill in the fridge overnight but you can speed everything up by popping it into the freezer. Then the silicone mold comes in handy as you pop the cake out of the form easily.
Decorate your pie with popcorn like I did, roasted hazelnuts, cacao nibs or some funky sprinkles. But I found that the homemade popcorn quite complemented the crunchiness of the soft peanut butter filling.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Cream Filling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plantbased milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Chocolate Bottom Layer + Top Layer
- 200 g dark vegan chocolate
- a handful popcorn
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and pour half of the melted chocolate into your silicone form. Transfer to the fridge so it can set.
- In a pan slwoly heat up the peanut butter, coconut oil, salt, maple syrup, vanilla and oat milk until everything is well combined.
- Take the silicone form out of the fridge and pour in your peanut butter cream.
- If the other half of the chocolate has set already please re-melt it. Once liquified, pour on top of your peanut butter cream filling. Return the silicone form to the fridge and let harden for a couple of hours. If you like you ca sprinkle your peanut butter chococlate pie with some popcorn for some extra crunch!
For all lovers of peanut butter, I have a whole collection of must try wholesome recipes featuring peanut butter: Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars, Peanut Butter Magnum, Crunchy Peanut Butter Dates, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Creamy Peanut Butter Hemp Bars, Peanut Butter Fluff Bars, and Coffee Peanut Butter Crunch Bars.