If you are still looking for an easy peasy last minute Halloween treat to impress your friends and guests, don’t look any further. Galaxy donuts and galaxy desserts are all over Instagram lately and I thought it would be perfect to do this for Halloween. So join the Galaxy food craze with me and make these White Chocolate Galaxy Apples!
You only need 4 ingredients – and some optional glitter if you fancy some extra glamour. And it’s all vegan if you use vegan white chocolate. I recommend you choose a sour apple such as Granny Smith. They will balance the sweetish chocolate and sourish fruit really well.
Galaxy Chocolate Apples
- 4 apples
- 4 clean wooden sticks I used twigs but you could use chopsticks as well
- 300 grams of white chocolate chopped up
- blue, purple, black gel food color
- 1/2 cup of cocoa nibs optional
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Mix in little drops of food colour. Grab a fork and very carefully mix in the colour – you really don't want to overmix the colors though, otherwise you will end up with only one colour.
- Now take one apple after the other and dip into the chocolate while turning so the apple gets a nice even chocolate coat.
- If you wish dip the bottom part of the apple into cocoa nibs and place on a board or plate to set. Add some edible glitter for real galaxy look. Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!