Did someone say Pizza? Pizza is not always my obvious choice simply because there is rarely a vegan option on offer that excites me. But I swear when I make my own pizzas, things are getting really exciting in my kitchen. I do like that good old margarita pizza but whenever I can I combine unusual flavor combos. I am a huge fan of Asian flavors. So turning my favorite Asian Curry recipe into an Easy Coconut Curry Pizza seemed like the right thing to do.
This is going to be the seriously easiest pizza you have ever made. You don’t have to worry about a time-consuming pizza dough that you make ahead. Because the wholemeal pita will sort that for you. Of course, if you are a full blown pizza dough wizard, go ahead and do your magic! But if you are pressed with time, this is a brilliant alternative. They are as great as a pizza when they come straight from the oven nice and warm.
The pizza sauce is crucial and the most important part of this recipe. The pizzas will be smothered with a super simple Asian inspired 3 ingredients sauce, made from cashews, my favorite coconut curry spice mix, and lemon juice. I am using Lebensbaum’s organic Coconut Curry spice mix with flavors of Coconut, pumpkin, Coriander, Orange, Paprika, and Ginger. Hints of coconut add your typical Asian exotic twist whereas the pumpkin is slightly sweetish and colors the sauce bright orange.
Easy Coconut Curry Pizza
- 4 Whole pita breads
- 100 g cashews soaked in water for 1h
- 2 tbsp Lebensbaum Coconut Curry Spice mix
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 handful mini tomatoes sliced
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- decoration: edible flowers, sprouts, sesame seeds, salt, pepper
- Place your pita breads on an ofen tray and bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
- While the pitas sit in the oven, prepare the pizza sauce by adding the cashews, spice mix and Coconut Curry spice mix to the blender. Blend for a minute.
- Remove pitas from the oven and spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with sliced onions, capsicum, tomatoes. Add some sliced avocado to your pizzas. Add some vegan grated cheese if you feel like.
- Before eating sprinkle with sprouts, edible flowers, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.