I am still drooling overt these Crunchy Peanut Butter Dates! The whole of last week was super busy meaning long hours in the office and no time to cook really. Those are times when I feel I need that extra bit of sugar. That, in turn doesn’t work well with my goal to stick to a rather sugar reduced diet. In saying that, my office is absolute sugar hell where I am surrounded by biscuits and office cookies.
So picture me sitting in the office craving food. Food meaning sugar, really. Option number 1 is the easy way out – eating office cookies. For option number 2 I would not eat at all which usually results in eating a chocolate bar for dinner, haha. Option no 3 is: I am prepared (which I am usually not) and take healthy snacks into the office.
One of the snacks I found whenbrowsing the web were Crunchy Chocolate Covered Dates. Having one or two of those totally satisfies my sweet tooth when hitting that afternoon sugar craving. They really fill me up too! So here is my extra crunchy version of a peanut butter stuffed dates with vanilla, cocoa nibs and melted chocolate.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Dates
- 12 big medjool dates
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 12 pretzles
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 50 g dairyfree dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp cocoa nibs
- Make a slit lengthwise in each date, and remove the pits carefully.
- Now take your pretzel and tuck it into that opening so the pretzel basically holds the date open.
- Now mix the peanut butter with the ground vanilla and some cocoa nibs if you like.
- Fill the peanut butter into a piping bag with a rose tip and pipe a rose shaped peanut butter swirl on each date. You could also simply grab a spoon and scoop some peanut butter on top but I love the way it looks and I don’t mind putting that extra effort.
- Finally melt your dark chocolate and drizzle as much as you like on top of your dates. Enjoy your Crunchy Chocolate Covered Dates and have a wonderful healthy week at the office!
As mentioned in the recipe, you could totally just take a knife and spread your peanut butter on the dates but I love that you give these snacks that extra bit of decadence. Don’t you think that with the rose shaped peanut butter swirl make them look like cupcakes? I could totally see those for a healthy high tea or a birthday party as a healthy dessert alternative.
If you enjoyed my Crunchy Peanut Butter Dates, you might want to check out my Peanut Butter Pretzel Pop Bars with Maca Cream, my Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars, my Coffee Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, and my Giant Cake Balls too.
Quite nice post, I certainly love this site, keep on it.