Got some tummy space left for these Crumbly Chocolate Chip Bars? Just asking cause I finally got around to add these babies to the blog.
The chocolate basis for the Crumbly Chocolate Chip Bars is a date sweetened chocolate layer. The chocolate layer consists mainly of oats, chocolate hemp protein powder and sticky dates and you have added all ingredients, your high-speed blender whips it up in no time. You are left with a sticky chocolate dough which you press into a loaf tin.
For no-bake cakes, I always recommend lining your tins with cling wrap or baking paper before pressing in the dough. This is because removing the cake from the tin without is going to be a nightmare and you really don’t want it to break.
Meet the star of this Recipe: the Cookie Dough layer
Once you have prepared the dough and pressed it into your lined loaf tin, you can start with the star of these Crumbly Chocolate Chip Bars: the cookie dough layer! This cookie dough layer is very much inspired by my No-Bake Cookie Dough Moons. Vegan cookie dough is so easy to make and again your blender does most of the hard work for you. My vegan cookie dough is mostly based on almond flour. But in order to vamp up the protein a bit, I have used a mix of almond flour and hemp seeds. Just a reminder to always keep the hemp seed part fairly low since the flavor of hemp seeds is pretty strong and can be too overwhelming. If you are not keen on the hemp seed as an ingredient, simply replace it with more almond flour.
Now that you know about the hemp seed bit, you are ready to tackle your cookie dough layer. Throw all ingredients into your blender except the chocolate chips and pecans and blend until. You end up with a sticky cookie dough. Once you transfer the cookie dough into a bowl, you fold in your pecans and chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough onto your chocolate layer in your loaf tin. Transfer the loaf tin to your fridge and let it chill for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. The bars really need that time to set so you can cut them easily with a knife. You can keep these bars in the fridge, this way they will keep fresh up to a week.
Crumbly Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Chocolate Chip Layer
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 7 tbsp birch sugar/usual sugar
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dairyfree chocolate chips
- 1 handful pecans
- Add all ingredients to your high speed blender and blend until you get a sticky dough. Remove from the blender and press into a lined loaf tin.
Chocolate Chip Layer
- Mix the almond flour, vanilla, salt, hemp seeds and birch sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the dry ingredients. Combine well with a spoon.
- Now fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Take your loaf tin and spread the chocolate chip dough onto the chocolate layer.
- Let the bars chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Cut with a sharp knife and enjoy!