Healthy Cookie Dough Slice heaven is coming your way! This weekend I needed a quick fix for a sugar craving. I am going through a very sugary phase right now where it could literally eat sweet stuff for breakfast. You guys know what I am talking about. So I whipped up a slice which requires less than 10 ingredients and half an hour to make. I couldn’t believe how much it reminded me of Cookie Dough hence my Cookie Dough Slice with Chocolate Coating was born!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup pitted dates pre-soaked in hot water and drained
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 handful chopped dark chocolate
- 1 handful walnuts
- 100 g vegan chocolate for coating
- For the base place the peanut butter, cashews, vanilla essence, dates, banana, and syrup in the blender. You should end up with quite a sticky dough. If it is still too dry add 2-3 tbsp of your favorite vegan milk.
- Transfer the mixture from the blender into a clean bowl. Chop up some dark vegan chocolate and fold it into the dough.
- Add some walnuts too if you like that extra bite – I certainly do!
- Line a bread loaf tin with paper and press the mixture into the tin using your hands. Transfer to the freezer while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Melt the vegan chocolate and pour over your slice. Freeze for another 15 minutes before it is ready to eat!
In case you are deciding to make your own chocolate coating instead of the store bought vegan chocolate, that’s no problem. I usually make my own since I always have the ingredients at home anyways and often run out of chocolate too (for obvious reasons). So if you decide to throw together your own chocolate coating, you only require 3 ingredients. You will need 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, and 4 tbsp rice syrup. You can also substitute the rice syrup with maple syrup. I have also sweetened this slice entirely with dates, so 1/2 a cup of date puree instead of the rice syrup does work too.
For the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil and whisk in the cocoa powder and the syrup. Stir the mixture really well until all clumps are removed. Pour onto your Cookie Dough Slice and let it chill in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to give the chocolate time to set.
As far as decoration goes, I have left mine quite classic and simple but hey, no one says you couldn’t decorate with cocoa nibs or smashed pretzels. Store your Cookie Dough Slice with Chocolate Coating in the freezer in an airtight container for up to a week.
For more raw vegan desserts, make sure to check out my TimTam’s, my Raw Brownie with Caramel Frosting, and my Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Donuts!