I don’t even know where my life would be without
They are just up a notch in the nice cream game. Here I present you with the perfect excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast. Because literally, when looking at the ingredients in detail, you are basically using the ingredients of your smoothie bowl but turned into an ice cream bar. Or
Making these Bananas NiceCream Bars you will be combining a healthy cookie dough with your classic banana
The only real downside to these (if there is a downside to nice cream sandwiches at all) is that you need a bit of patience. Admittedly, not my strong point but it will be worth it, I promise. If you are like me and keep frozen bananas in the freezer all the time, your prep time splits in half. But you will need some time in between layers to freeze.
This is also one of the first recipes that will be accompanied by a recipe video. Don’t come down too hard on me, the Youtube video game is still pretty new to me. But we will work on it and learn as we go. If you haven’t already, hop over to my channel and subscribe if you like.
Banana Nicecream Sandwiches
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup oatmeal
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 bananas chopped and frozen
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 100 g vegan chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup sprinkles and buckwheat mixed
- Add the dates, almond milk and coconut oil to your blender and blend well.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the oatmeal, salt, baking powder, almond meal, vanilla and cocoa powder and mix well with a spoon.
- Add 1 cup almond milk and mix. It is best to mix with your hands until you end up with a formable dough. Split the dough in two halves.
- Press the first half into a lined loaf tin using your hands. Transfer to the freezer.
- For the Banana Nicecream layer add the frozen bananas and almond milk to the blender and blend until creamy. Remove the loaf tin from the freezer and pour int the nicecream.
- Spoon the peanut butter on top and create swirls using a spoon. Return to the freezer for an hour.
- Once the nicecream layer has hardened, press the second half of the dough into the loaf pin. Freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Release form the loaf tin, and slice your bars with a sharp knife. Melt the chocolate and dip your sandwiches into the chocolate and dip in sprinkles and buckwheat.
- Return to the fridge to elt the chocolate harden. Then they are ready to enjoy. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.
Loved these Banana Nicecream Sandwiches?