These 2-ingredient vegan pancakes are so easy I cannot even call it a recipe really. It’s more a matter of throwing 2 things into your blender and frying the batter as you would for your usual pancake. If you call it a recipe or not, it is definitely proof that a wholesome nourishing pancake does not need any eggs, milk, sugar or wheat. So what are the 2 secret ingredients this fluffy breakfast dream is made of?
It’s oats and ripe bananas, that’s all it needs. It really doesn’t get any easier than that. 2 ingredients that I have in my pantry at all times, so an urgent craving for pancakes can always be taken care of. The riper the bananas, the better cause it adds a whole lot more flavor and sweetness. And what a better way to use up your overripe bananas than making pancakes, right?
It is helpful to have a good blender though to make your pancake batter nice and smooth. But it’s not a must. One thing I found helpful was making smaller pancakes that bake evenly in the pan rather than large one breaking once you try to turn them. It also
2-Ingredient Vegan Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1 dash of salt + dash of vanilla optional
- Add all ingredients to your blender. Add a dash of salt and vanilla if you want but totally optional.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. If you feel your batter is way too thick add a bit of water to it.
- Add a dollop of coconut oil to your non-stick pan and fry the batter in small batches.
- Top with coconut yogurt, fruit, cocoa nibs, and nuts!